Bold the ones you've done (I don't think my bold is cooperating so I will just do this ** to the ones I have done. Yay!)
1. *Started your own blog - Der.. You're lookin at it...
2. *Slept under the stars - At girls camp, that one time I went. Jk everybody, I went twice.
3. *Played in a band- Yes, The ClutchMerle Runaways! It's mine and Devy's band from Rock Band! We both had English accents.
4. Visited Hawaii- Sore subject. When discussing honeymoon plans, I said "I've never been to Hawaii.. sigh" and Devon said "I have, let's go to Mexico."
5. *Watched a meteor shower- On T.V.
6. *Given more than you can afford to charity - I performed a dance as a homeless woman.. Does that count?
7. *Been to Disneyland - Haven't been to DisneyWorld yet... The parents took us to Epcott Center & the animal kingdom. I'm pretty sure that's not DisneyWorld
8. *Climbed a mountain - I went indoor rock climbing. So that's the equivalant
9. Held a praying mantis - Ewww.. yucky
10. *Sang a solo - Yes, it was Castle on a Cloud and I was magnificent.
11. Bungee jumped
12. *Visited Paris - Well I have seen the Seine, and it opened up my eyes.
13. *Watched a lightning storm at sea - On T.V. It was The Perfect Storm. I heart Mark Wahlberg.
14. *Taught yourself an art from scratch - I am currently sketching purses and shoes from my Project Runway design notebook. I got it for Christmas. It's from Toys'r'Us. Oh I love being a t'r'u kid.
15. Adopted a child
16. *Had food poisoning- I'll never eat a Fuddruckers burger again.
17. *Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- I really haven't, but I've seen it from afar. She's a beaute.
18. *Grown your own vegetables- My mom's tomatoes. I didn't grow them, but I picked them.
19. *Seen the Mona Lisa in France- It's really small! And she has no eyebrows. Little known fact..
20. *Slept overnight on a train - Um, best night ever! A French lady was arguing outside our cart about how she didn't want to sleep in our cart, so my dad slammed the door on her. And it was like a triple bunk bed! What kid doesn't love that?
21. *Had a pillow fight- Yes, with my girlfriends in our underwear, with those feather pillows. Ahhh every guys fantasy.
22. Hitch hiked
23. *Taken a sick day when you're not ill- But not at my job now... My boss is a killah! And he's my dad so he knows if I'm lying. Can't get anything past him!
24. *Built a snow fort -Devon & I tried. But the snow was too soft so we just steamrolled down the hill. Fun times.
25. *Held a lamb-Love Angel Music Baby
26. *Gone skinny dipping - It's a requirement if you have a pool in your backyard.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden a gondola in Switzerland
29. *Seen a total eclipse- I saw it on an episode of The Wonder Years. Winnie also stole something in that ep.
30. *Watched a sunrise or sunset- Both. Done and Done.
31. *Hit a home run - Hey on a Wii too! So Mii too!!
32. *Been on a Cruise- I've been on two. The badonkatonkas are almost gold status members from cruisin so much.
33. *Seen Niagara Falls in person- Yes, that's alot of water!
34. *Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- Yeah, totally Norway. And Murray, UT. I miss the smoke stacks.
35. Seen Amish country -
36. *Taught yourself a new language- I'm not counting Elvish.. So, I'll have to unbold that one.
37. *Had enough money to be truly satisfied - As long as I can afford subscriptions to Us and People I'm happy. Omg Harlow Winter Kate Madden is already one! So cute!!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- I wish! I would totally do one of those photos where it looks like I'm holding it up.
39. *Gone rock climbing - Ha I know right? Me, a rock climber. It was one time.
40. *Seen Michelangelo’s David - Isn't it in Las Vegas?
41. *Sung karaoke- Loves it.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. *Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Ok, not really but a stranger has bought a meal for me and my friends. Ok, not really again, I actually wasn't with them at the time but whenever they bring it up, they just assumed I was there too cuz we're bffs so I never correct them. Oh man, that guy was so nice, remember?
44. Visited Africa
45. *Walked on a beach by moonlight - With my Lil' Devy.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. *Had your portrait painted- In English class we had to do that thing where you don't look at the paper but you just draw the person sitting across from you. It was weird.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. *Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - The tip top was actually closed, but I would have! I can't say the same for Ces or my mother. They were terrified!
51. *Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Scariest thing I've ever done.
52. *Kissed in the rain
53. *Played in the mud - I basically had a mud bath cuz my neighbors driveway had a huge pothole so I just sat in it after it rained. As a result, my skin is so so smooth.
54. -*Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - I would have been in Legally Blonde 2 but I was too old for the young people part and too young for the old people part. But the casting guy loved me I swear.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. *Taken a martial arts class - I did Karate at the Life Center. Twice. So I guess you could say I'm almost a yellow belt.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. *Got flowers for no reason- In high school someone left flowers on my car and I still don't know who did it. They also left me a superman figurine. Very sweet.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma-
65. Gone sky diving
66. *Visited a Nazi concentration camp- I've also been to a museum. Very sad.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. *Saved a favorite childhood toy-My Pookie doll, which I would like back someday Stoney... harump:(
70. *Visited the Lincoln Memorial - It's nice.
71. Eaten Caviar
72. *Pieced a quilt - I think so. I've gone to many a showers where they had a quilt set up and I at least poked a needle thru it.
73. *Stood in Times Square - Right next to the Naked Cowboy. And Conan O'Brien.
74. Toured the Everglades
75. *Been fired from a job - Not really fired, more like phased out. I just gradually wasn't on the schedule.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. *Been on a speeding motorcycle- It was on my way to go rock climbing. Ha I know right. That was a big day for me.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. *Bought a brand new car - It was my bday present last year. Thanks hubby.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. *Visited the White House - It was not that great, not gonna lie.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. *Had chickenpox - At least I hope I have, just in case I come across a poxed child.
89. *Saved someone’s life - I've been told I have, like when I go get my siblings a soda from the garage cuz they can't get up. It's such an accomplishment.
90. Sat on a jury
91. *Met someone famous- Totally. Daryl Hannah told me she loved my braces, and Eric McCormack said I was adorable. Also Regis Philbin and I hung out poolside one time. His mom used my sunglasses.
92. *Joined a book club- I'm currently reading blogging for dummies. So club members, let's discuss!
93. *Lost a loved one
94. *Had a baby - Oh man, did I freak anyone out with that bold one? hehe, I kid I kid.
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. *Swam in the Great Salt Lake- This one could also be a lie...
97. Been involved in a law suit -
98. *Owned a cell phone- I cried when I got my first one. It was like a marriage proposal.
99. *Been stung by a bee - I scooped it up in my hand on accident, so my bad.
100. *One cavity or less - How bout one root canal or more?? My dentist had no mercy on me! And he praised me for I have a very high threshold for teeth pain.
I tag: Everyone on my blog list. You. Are. Welcome. You really feel like you've done alot after doing this. It's so liberating! Woo!
P.S. Devy here, and all I have to say is... The City! Bromance! Monday night football move ova!
What's your husband’s name? Devon Alan Tonks
How long have you guys been married? 1 year, 1 month, 20 days and 57 minutes. I kid, I kid. It's now 58 minutes and 3 seconds.
How long did you date? 9 glorious months. Well 8 months it was official. Well okay only like 4 1/2 because we were in diff states most of our courtship.
How old is he? 23. He's such a cradle robber. I mean, Hellloo Demi! Am I right?
Who eats more sweets? He does. My niece came w us to church on Sunday and when I would give her a treat he would stare me down til he got one too. And then he'd go back to coloring. I'm not joking.
Who is the better singer? That's a toughy. We duet a lot and we switch off doing the boy and girl parts so it's hard to figure out whose voice is whose... or is it whom?? idk.
Who is smarter? I'd have to say Devon. Usually our convos consist of him saying something genius and me just trying to take it all in. He's brilliant.
Who does the laundry? Me, and if Devo says otherwise that means he's lying.
Who pays the bills? He does, but I'm the cause of most of them. Women be getting cysts out and havin kidney infections.. My bad.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? It used to be me. But one night I was like, "let's mix it up!" and he's been sleepin on the right ever since.
Who mows the lawn? Some guy that's not Devon.
Who cooks dinner? We both chip in. Or go out.
Who drives? He does. Unless I'm mad at him. For some reason I think my driving is punishment.
Who is the first to say they are wrong? He is. And don't you forget it.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me. After our Holiday movie snuggle fest. We watched Jingle All The Way. Arnold Schwarzenegger will be forever dear to my heart.
Who asked who out first? He did. He texted me to hang out one night and weird story, my roomies and I were talking bout these boys we met and how the one with the hair was pretty cute,then my phone buzzed and it was him. And since I couldn't put two and two together, I remember asking if my roommates knew anyone named Devon cuz he just texted me. Omg we were all so giddy! I was like the luckiest girl in King Henry.
Who wears the pants? We both do. Although, I can take care of my pants. Devon, on the other hand, did the splits last night while trying to tackle me and ripped his. Silly boy.
I tag: All my married bloggin friends. You know who you are.
You know you love us. xoxo.
P.S. Speaking of GG, didn't everyone love when Blair met Cyndi Lauper. Ack!
This is stone with a pink faux hawk. On the other side of this picture is the amazin rock band set up. Stone thought it was okay.
And there you have it. Our fun filled Monday & Tuesday of the week. I'm blogging this today because Wednesday is not filled with fun. Unless you count watching The Cable Guy fun. Which I really do. Alright, see ya... byyee... (That was a quote from The Cable Guy, just imagine me fake walking down a hall and you'll get it.)
This here is table one canning hard. Yes, Go Team Cailey! We can work on the name...
Yippee!! Hooray!! That is what our awesome week consisted of. Thanks to everybody who made it all possible.
What a weekend, what a weekend... Thanks to my SIL Ashlii we all went to Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point & It. Was. Awesome. Here are the pics to prove just how awesome...
"Make it look up here..." I can't take cred for that line. It was on the office.
Now this was like attempt 8 of this pic. Priceless. After like an hour of waiting we got to ride this awesome train that we nearly broke. I made sure Tess was in the pic by eating her hand. We look out for each other. Ooohh boy. The Scarecrow Festival sure wore us out. But oh no the day wasn't over. It hardly even begun.
We were so happy to be at the roller derby. It was even the championship game! And we were practically front row because my BIL Zach knows a girl on the team "Dirty Pirate Hooker." Pure happiness.
(Don't mind Tessa's sty on the right bottom corner.. It's always trying to take over the pic.)
Yes, yes it was quite a fun weekend. Thanks to everyone who made it all possible. And I have to agree w Ces on this pic (sorry I stole it from your blog), we really are like the cast of Degrassi. Whatever it takes, we know we can make it through. Especially when you have DPH on your side.
P.S. I don't know why there is a huge space down here.. I truly apologize.
Three names I go by-
2:K-Weee (Stone says it like that but in such a "I look down on you" way. It's adorable.)
3:Kelly (My dad calls me that when he is being my boss.. Scuse me, I mean Mr. Madsen.)
Three restaurants I love-
3:Wild Wings N' Things
All of which are in walking distance to me.. I love my wings!
Three trips to plan in the next year-
1:St. George Woo!
2:Other than that,
3:the options are endless.. But not really. This whole economy crisis is gettin in our way.
Three things I want badly-
1:I would like a new house as well Chels! Yes, I'm just copying & pasting this from your blog.
2:I could always go for some new clothes. Oh I'm such a girly girl. Tee hee. (Oops Devon stole the keyboard away from me for a minute.)
3:I should probably want to take a shower.
Three pets I have had-
1:Piglet. My goldfish. Which I should thank because it gave me such an awesome "stripper name." Piglet Protege thank you very much.
2:I had a hermit crab once. It was already dead when I bought it. The shell just looked pretty.
3:One day I'll have my bulldog Bingaling. One day.
Three things I did yesterday-
1:Lounged in our bed made of couch cushions. We have a real bed but we like our T.V. better. We're sad.
2:Watched Final Destination.
3:Watched Final Destination 3. Yes, I did skip 2. And no, I wasn't left wondering when the 3rd one started.
I should also mention that we didn't go to church. I'm sick and teach sunbeams. Bad combo. So secret's out. Phew I feel better already.
Three things I ate today-
1:1 and 1/2 french toast sticks from Carl's Jr.
2:After those french toast sticks, I think it's straight up soup for me.
3:It's only noon. I got nothing else... :(
Three fears I have-
Yes, the fears of a 6 year old girl. I totally get it.
Three things I plan(ned) on doing today-
1:Working till I can't work no mo.
2:Going home to my bed of couch cushions.
3:Insisting I cook Devon dinner while he's over simmering some water on the stove.
Three things I plan on doing tomorrow-
2:Hopefully doing something Halloween-y.
3:Maybe run a marathon. Not in the literal sense but in the "Ah, I'm not sick anymore, I could run a marathon" way.
Three favorite holidays-
Three favorite beverages-
3:Anything with Baby Ice.
Three things I can't live without-
1:My Lil' Devy
3:My troll doll Pookie (love him so much)
I tag my ENTIRE friends list.. Yes, all 7 or 8 of you.
It's that time of the year again! Simpable Things is back and sooo good. Not only are there many accessories with pizazz, there will also be a feast of food exclusively from the Simpable Things cookbook (which will also be on sale.) Come one, come all and totally spend your hubby's money while he's at the Priesthood session of conference. He won't ever have to know. Yahtzee!
Devy Girl (but it's really Cailey)
P.S. If you're wondering why I used the phrase "so good" soo many times, then watch Dr. Horribles. It's so good.
1- Where did you meet? You can refer to my past post all about my hubby. But I'll also tell you.. We met at King Henry 310. Whoop whoop.
2- How long did you date before you were married? Officially, 8 months. Unofficially, 4 months because he was in a different state for the other four.
3- How long have you been married for? 359 days.. And loving every minute of it!! HEY OH!
4- What does he do that surprises you? Swears. Ah the truth is out. But I dunno how many of you would consider it swearing because he really only says the H word. And that's shocking. One time he told my sisters I was getting a fat a--, and he really said it.. Mind freaked?
5- What's your favorite feature about him? His hair. Even when he makes me play with it for hours and hours. It's soo soft. It's magic.
6- What's your favorite quality about him? Heee's Quirky! Woo. Not really. He's so adorable.. Like he does things that are so sweet/freakin adorable and I just wanna pinch his cheeks.
7- Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? It's too risque to blog. JK. It's "woman." As in, "hey woman I'm hungry." Ha not really. He calls me baby girl a lot. But he says it like he's a rapper so it always makes me wanna pop and lock... and jam and break.
8- What's his favorite color? Grink? Blurple? A mixture of things.
9- What's his favorite food? That's a toughie.. He gets pretty excited over mashed potatoes. He has a hearty appetite. Another adorable quality.
10-What is his favorite sport? He dabbles in a lot of things so I really can't place my finger on one.. Well done Lil' Devy!
11- Who said I love you first? Technically he made me. He said "I'm falling for you" and I said "well I love you." Sneaky, sneaky...
12- When and where was your fist kiss? It was sometime in Dec. of '07. We had a "Christmas movie snuggle fest" at KH310 and he totally kissed me on our couch. It was weird because my roommate and his roommate were basically right next to us. But I still got butterflies.
13-What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? Eat and watch "The Hills" while dancing. Yes, we dance to the music of "The Hills" and we're pretty good at it.
14-Do you have kids? How many? Sometimes I consider Devon as my kid. He just loves playing video games and getting away with not doing his chores.. But seriously, we don't have kids.. yet.
15- What's a hidden talent that he has? He can do the human pretzel.. Just ask him. He happily do it for you.
16- How old is he? 23. He's so old.
17- What's his favorite type of music? In all honesty, straight up gangsta rap. And Metallica. And Colbie Calait.
18- What do you admire most about him? I admire how he "sticks to his guns." I don't even know if I got that saying right, but in my head I'm making sense.
19-What's his favorite past time? Playing Call of Duty. Ask me that again in 5 years and I'll have the same answer for ya.
20- Do you think he is going to read this? Yes. If I tell him, he will come.. and read my awesome post about how much I love my Devy.
I tag... All my blogger friends. Just look to the right and maybe scroll up or down a lil and if your name is on there then tag, you're it!
Welp that's pretty much my post for the day... I've been getting praises for how clever my blog is so now I really feel like the pressure is on. Yikes! I don't have much else to blog about.. Devon did suggest one thing but it doesn't have the full effect until I scan the "postcard" onto my comp. Pretty much everyday I get the mail I've been getting these giant if you can even call them postcards from the Utah pet center. I've gotten them so much that I plan to call them and ask them why they chose our address and do they keep sending them until they get a response? Seriously, I don't get mad easily but this is getting ridiculous. I don't have pets and if I did I wouldn't be taking them to the fun dome (which is where the pet center resides in) and have people just like, ya know, hang out with them or whatever they do at pet centers. Oooh boy I'm just so passionate about this! (hehe... Ashlii) But for realsy, I'm gonna call them. Alright.. that's all. Happy Labor Day! And Gossip Girl premiere night... You all know we're fans!
Anyway... I thought the best thing to make a post about would be to tell the story of how Devon and myself became. It is almost our one year anniversay and all.. No, not from when we first met, we celebrated that a few months ago.. Kidding, sort of. Alright, now the story begins... "cue harp and fairy dust.." One night while I was living in Provo, I was taking up all the clothes and shoes I stole from my sisters to my apartment. These two fine gentleman asked if I needed a hand. Neither of them were Devon. But I said sure since they were going up to my apt anyway. They thought, while running around in adult diapers one night (oh college), that some girls yelled "King Henry 310! ow!" so they appeared.. I think I speak for all my roomies when I say that we were not the girls who yelled that, but wow am I glad that's what they heard.. You may be thinking what does this have to do with Devy... Well they were his roommates Luke and Tyler (shoutout) so I pretty much have them to thank for my lifelong bliss.
I remember the first time I met Devon. He and one of the nice guys who helped with all my stolen goods came back to 310 one night to invite me to their "big hair party." Devon was just clinging on to the railing outside my door and I remember thinking "wow he does have big hair... good thing they're having this party." Well I didn't go to it but him and Luke came over again, this time to watch Xmen3. My roommates bailed on me so it was just the three of us. Awkwardish. Devon started calling girls from my ward directory to ask them on dates and I so thought he was a playa. Silly me.
Anyway.. Our actual first dateish consisted of getting Devon's dry cleaning and eating at the Provo Olive Garden. Both those places will always hold a special place in my heart. After that we were pretty much inseperable. He even came to my family's Christmas Eve ugly sweater party and we didn't even call each other gf/bf yet. Brave boy he was, wearing a turtleneck and all. So that is how we began. We've had our ups and downs but mostly ups.. I'm still a lil bitter about when he compared me to a Charleston Chew but he's made up for it dearly. I love my lil'Devy and I'm glad you are my husband. We've almost made it 1 year! Best year of my life!! Woo! Oh my this is such a long post for me.. I'm trying to move my blog on up so I can someday get paid to do this since I didn't pass the chacha guide test. Enjoy the story of the Tonkas. I know I have.
1. My family. They are all just too great.
2. My Lil' Devy. aka my husband Devon. He's funny.
3. Baby Ice. I really get joyful when I'm at a restaurant/fast food chain and I see they have baby ice. Cheek to cheek smile appears.
1. Clowns. Nuff said.
2. Spiders. That's Devs too.. You should hear him scream when they come out from under our couch. Yes, we have spiders living under our couch. Eeekk..
3. Kidney infections. Those are a regular Dracula or something else fearful.. Seriously.
1. To clean my house. It's so dirrrttyy..
2. I guess to be pretty healthy.. I've really let myself go.. What with major surgery and a kidney infection and all.
3. To figure out where that retched smell is coming from at my place of work. It's unsettling.
Three Current Obsessions/Collections:
Like I said in one of my previous posts, I will be the next Perez.
Three Random Surprising Facts About Me:
1. I can sing the national anthem with my mouth closed. Complete with a "Play Ball!"
2. You'd be surprised to know that I sometimes, always know random things. Things that really should be unknown to me.. Msnbc people. It works wonders.
3. I can crochet like nobody's business.. Okay that's a lie. I can play croquet like nobody's business.. That might not be a lie..
I tag: Cecily and that's it... I really wanna check your blog one day and see that you're not new to blogging. It's getting ridiculous.
Welp that's me being tagged.. Update on my life is that I had surgery which wasn't so bad, but then I got sick from my pain pills which was sad, but then I had a kidney infection which is the worst pain I have ever felt. Devon was there for the entire time and I bet he'd tell you that it was the worst pain he has ever felt too. At least he got a glimpse of what life will be like when I'm 80 and can barely walk. Other than that life is good.. Ahhh Madsen Family Reunion '08! You'd understand if you were a Madsen. Which I'm thinking mostly anyone who reads my blog is so good times.
P.S. Devon wanted me to make an announcement that August 18th is the hills season 4 premiere and he is excited. I'm not even joking. I kinda wish I were.
you know you love us
Devy Girl (with special appearance by Cailey)
This is Devon, Alex, and Zach.. And Zach's weird weiner. Hot dog. Eww.. Any way you think about it. Hot dogs are gross uncooked.
This is Tessa. I know she just woke up but I can't explain why her face is like that. It's hilarious though.
Here I made Devon a wonderful belated birthday fondue dinner. Well I cut up the raw meat and put the broth in the pot. But it was delicious! Disregard all the electrical cords by the t.v. And by electrical cords I mean every single gaming controller known to man. Nerds.Okay, the sign says "David Archuleta is "tie dye" for" Get it? This is at the american idol concert fyi. It was awesome!
This guy was apparently way pissed that Ces won the last b98.7 tshirt. So cuz of that people would just spin the wheel and get the prize of his presence. Lucky.
Guitar Hero! I was really into hippie vibe that night. Hence the peace sign, and the peace sign ring, and the headband, and the tie dye dress, and the peace sign earrings.. It was "American" Idol.
Some big eagle. Sure fooled me.
Oh man... Stone loves me so much. I'm going to be the best mom. Pretty sure I had heels on so pretty amazing huh? (Stone really loves me he just wanted to go doorbell ditch my neighbors I've never met.. That'd be awkward.)
This was after a wedding we catered in a sorta grass/sorta dirt field. Our feet were diirrrttyy. But not our ears, eyes, or mouth. (see, hear, speak no evil) My mom fell asleep! Ah!
In my parent's backyard, roasting hot dogs, just being in love. We dressed to impress. I forgot that we would be outside with fire smoke all up in our grill. I screwed the pooch on that one!
Sophie in all her glory. Look at her side swept bangs underneath that visor. Gorgeous.
It was Cam & Devon's birthday. Here they are putting their minds together and their fisted hands. All because Coleman got them the same soccer game. Ahhh family. And now we have what I did on Monday. Courtney (on the right) is going to Taiwan for 6 months so we all got together for lunch. Yes, it takes someone moving to a foreign country to bring us all together. Jk friends. Katie and Liz are the other girls.. Kt's getting married.
Kenneth and Nick came along too!
And Kaitlyn & I were there too. It's safe to say we all had a good time. Because we all said "Oh I had a good time." I heard it.